We've been eating this salad on repeat and had to share! This is for sure for the health nuts out there, as spirulina is an acquired tasted, but the high protein & health benefits of spirulina really do make you feel like you are invincible after eating this salad.
This salad also features our newest product to the Jones pantry-- Umami Salt -- a simple blend of shiitake mushroom powder and flake sea salt. No fillers. Just pure umami goodness. So... mushroom salt? Don't let the description scare you off. A favorite of professional chefs for adding an umami (or, savory) taste to their cuisines, you too can swap out regular salt for a greater depth of flavor.
Don't knock it till you try it... Our guests love combination of fresh greens with a jammy egg and the spirulina-to-lemon balance. Give it a try!
- 1 head of kale
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 tbs spirulina powder
- 1 jammy egg per person
- Pineapple Collaborative Sea Salt to taste
- Umami Salt to taste
- Graza Drizzle Olive Oil to taste
- Wash, cut & throw kale in a big bowl
- Massage kale with Drizzle Graza olive oil, avocado & lemon juice by hand
- Add in spirulina, onion, umami & sea salt -- toss with salad spoons
- Boil eggs for 6 min, pour into bowl with ice cubes immediately after & let sit for 3 min
- Split 1 peeled jammy egg in half over each salad serving for the ooze!
- Sprinkle umami salt over egg & option to add a little hot sauce!
- Pro tip: enjoy with chopsticks— an ode to the Japanese inspired umami x spirulina pairing